SCIMITAR is a project funded under the Telematics Applications
Programme of the European Commission to provide supporting actions
for those projects in the Telematics for Research sector
of the programme. The project consortium consists of TERENA (Coordinating Contractor) and ULB/STC.
SCIMITAR provides concertation between sector participants and relevant
networking organisations. It also provides an information point for
disseminating results from the individual projects. Ongoing activities
- Telematics for Research and SCIMITAR Web pages are hosted on a
server maintained by TERENA. The usage
statistics are available.
- A summary of recent activities and forthcoming events can be found
in Telematics for Research News.
- The Telematics for
Research Technology Watch (hosted by ULB/STC) aims to make
information available to the Sector Projects to help them adapt to
technology evolution. This activity includes the Scimitar Electronic
Journal which reports on the Telematics Sector and areas of
development related to it.
- The work of the Telematics for Research projects is monitored in
order to facilitate coordination between projects. Each project is
assigned a SCIMITAR Coordinator for this purpose. Check the list of
SCIMITAR Project Liaisons to find out
who to contact for each project.
- SCIMITAR administers, on behalf of the European Commission, a fund
that provides partial funding of travel expenses to international
standardisation meetings. See the Procedures for the Financing
of Standards Contribution. More information is available from
the Standardisation Area.
- A number of Telematics for Research
Mailing Lists are maintained for informational purposes.
- SCIMITAR offers coordinated access to Telematics for Research Deliverables.
- The Telematics for Research Sector Concertation Meetings are
supported by SCIMITAR through input for the agenda and by
keeping minutes and action lists associated with the meetings.
- SCIMITAR also liaises the work in Telematics for Research with TERENA Task Forces
and the TERENA Technical
SCIMITAR is a Research & Development Project co-ordinated
by TERENA and supported by the European Commission (Telematics
Applications Programme, Research Sector, 1998-2000 Contracts, Project
RE4101). Any opinions expressed on this server do not necessarily
reflect the official opinion of the European Commission. Please see http://www.echo.lu/telematics/
Updated: 30 July 2000 - email@example.com